An Ayudan filled Summer
“And I think it’s fly when Ayudan stops by for the summer, for the summer…” ~ LFO
Alright, so maybe those aren’t the actual lyrics from the legendary tune from pop music icons, LFO, but I’m sure it’s been said multiple times now that the Ayudan season is in full swing. Close to half of our 14 teams have already completed their first Ayudan team event with “Pulse” being the first of our Ayudan teams to do two events.
Here’s a brief recap of what our teams have done so far…
- “Pulse” started off the Ayudan year by doing a beautification project at Citrus Grove Middle alongside Marlins Charity Partner City Year Miami during our Caravan for the Community.
- “Animal House” followed up Pulse’s efforts by hosting a field day at another Marlins Charity Partner location with the Boys & Girls Club.
- “Pierce’s Heroes” hosted a lunch and activities for patients and their families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
- “The Rescuers” hosted a group of students from Miami High at Marlins Park for an opportunity to get a first hand experience of what different jobs in Major League Baseball have to offer.
- “The Voice” chaperoned local high school students to the Volvo Ocean Race, where the kids participated in interactive activities, led by The Big Blue & You, that taught them the natural order of the ocean, and the importance of protecting our water world ecosystem.
- “The Sun Lifers” spent a morning cleaning up the beaches at Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park on Key Biscayne.
- “Pulse” was at it again with Citrus Grove, this time with the Elementary School. The team spent a day visiting multiple classrooms throughout the campus and shared stories about each of their careers with the Marlins.
Two more events are in the fold for the upcoming week with “New BIGinnings” doing a build with Habitat for Humanity and “Kings of Green” doing a beach and mangrove cleanup with Biscayne Nature Center at Crandon Park in Key Biscayne.
Stay tuned to hear about more Ayudan summertime fun!